Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

We had a fairly uneventful beginning of the weekend. The boys decided they wanted to stay with me which was great. I love being able to spend time with them on the weekends. Except that I wanted to put them up for sale on the side of the street by the time Monday rolled around. They did not want to stop fighting. But Monday was a very good day. We ended up going to mom and dads to help plant their garden, which the boys loved doing. Then we went to Zions and went hiking. We went on the Weeping Rock trail, which is very short but it makes up for it in the incline. It was a straight up the mountain wall hike. Holy cow. But very awesome when we got to the top. The boys really thought it was cool and Ryder had a fun time walking down the trail afterwards. We then rode the shuttle up to the river hike and played in the water for quite awhile. It started getting late so we stopped off at the lodge to eat some dinner and checked out the turkeys that were running everywhere. The boys had such a great time, it was nice to see them so happy. When we got home we decided a snow cone was in order so we went to the Tiki Shack (which is AMAZING by the way mmmmmmmmm and super cheap!) and went home to hang out and wind down.
I am soo super grateful for having such a wonderful family and amazing kids. I don't know what life would be like without either and just want to express my thanks for being blessed with them.
It was kind of sad that I wasn't able to go pay respects to Grayson anywhere but the knowledge that I would be able to as soon as we get this memorial wall done made that not as big of an issue. So the weekend went fairly smoothly.
So...thank you to my awesome family...I love you all for being there and supporting me through everything I've been through. Thank you to my friends who always have my back and who I know I can turn to for anything. And a thanks to all those in the military who have given their lives or are putting their lives on the line every day for mine and my family's freedom. We greatly appreciate everything you do for us and appreciate you sacrificing your time and life for us.
Happy Memorial Day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment