Monday, September 16, 2013

Quick Update On Life

I suppose it's time for a quick update yeah? I am on week number 2 of my new job and I really love it. I miss my old job/people I worked with but that is definitely offset by my awesomely fantastic new co-workers. I love them to pieces and love that their goal is to create a friendly environment that we all enjoy working in. We are still working out some kinks that come with new EVERYTHING (quite literally, everything is different than what we are all used to) but it's going to be good. I also love the fact my gas tank is at the half way mark and I'm going into week two since I filled up. I think I'm going to get a good two weeks out of one tank and based on the fact that I was filling up two or three times a week while I was commuting....I'm LOVING the money I'm saving. I'm also on the hunt for a new house. We really need to move from here, it's just not working any longer and it's time to move on now that I have the steady and predictable income. So wish us luck on that front.
The boys are doing well in school. Nate likes his teacher and loves that she doesn't believe in homework. He is still having issues turning in work though which is beyond me, considering he does it in class. But he's still doing a little better than last year. We had the big maturation program today too that made him a little awkward for the rest of the day. I'm happy I went with him, I learned a lot too and I think it opened a door for us to talk about some of that harder stuff later down the road.
Tyler is doing well also, he really likes his teacher. He's doing good turning in work, our only pitfall at this point is being able to remember to write down our reading every week. We are struggling with that one but doing better. He's a smart kid, he never ceases to amaze me.
Ryder is doing okay with full day school as well, although his adjustment period is about to kill me. Thankfully his teachers say he's well behaved in school but man he lets it all out after school and is a little pill. It's hard to know what to do to help him adjust and be okay. If I make it through this alive, I will be amazed. He's trying my last nerve. But...he is liking the learning and fun he has there, and really feels like a big kid because he gets to go all day. So that makes all the crazy mood swings worth it I suppose.
All three have had quite the adjustment in all reality....it's been interesting. I don't know if I just didn't see it before or what but all three have had some issues with their manners, listening, and doing as I ask. Maybe Ry is just rubbing off on them, I dunno. Either way, it's kind of frustrating. I need to start getting them more involved in some extra activities, I'm hoping that helps. Or at least gets them too tired to fight all the time. Either way it's a win win.

So that's us right now. We are all doing well for the most part and will hopefully all get adjusted soon. And now I am off to bed, I've made a goal to get more sleep this week. We'll see how that goes :)
Good night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment