Friday, December 18, 2009

A Bittersweet Day

* Today is my last day of work at the school. As much as I'm very excited to be starting my new job full time, it is very, very hard to leave the school. The teachers and other aides have become like family, and I see the students as if they are my own kids. I've had a number of them yesterday and today telling me how much they are going to miss me and how much they hate me for leaving (which in teenager term is a compliment...I think). I am going to miss them soo much. I'm going to really miss the great teachers I've worked with as well. They were all there for me through my tough times last year, and have really showed their love towards me on many occasions. I'm definitely going to miss this job. But, my life needed to move forward, and now it is. I'm on to bigger things and a new road in life.
*Even though today is my last day, I am soo excited for Christmas break to be here. I love Christmas and am very excited to finish out shopping tonight. Nate and Tyler are getting very excited, even though I'm STILL trying to convince Nate that Santa is real...he's being extremely stubborn about it this year. I'm thinkin this will be the last believing year for him sadly. But thats ok, maybe next year he can be my "elf".
*My new job is going fantastic. I LOVE it soo much and I think it really fits my personality well. I have enjoyed everything so far, and can't wait to officially personalize my office, which I'm going to start today. I really think this is going to be a good experience for me over all.
Anyway...Merry Christmas all! I'm not sure when I will be able to update again, since the school is were I've been writing from. I haven't tried to see if this blog is blocked or not at the CCHA. But have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment