Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The GreenShow!!

We decided last night that we needed to get out of the house, and since the boys have been really wanting to go to the Greenshow, I hesitantly agreed and off we went. I thought it started at 6:30 for some reason, so we were there a bit early so we could get a good seat. Yeah...it starts at 7 just an fyi. The reason I was hesitant to go is because I have three little energy balls for kids, so I figured they would be all over the place and driving me crazy. It was actually quite the opposite. Even though we had to wait what felt like forever, they were really well behaved and just kind of played with each other. They chose to sit right in front of the sidewalk so we had a great seat, and they had room to play and roam too.
When the guys and gals came out to start selling the treats and such, the boys of course wanted some so I told them they could choose one thing. Nate and Ryder chose suckers, but Tyler INSISTED on horehound candy. Now if you haven't tried horehound candy before, it is NASTY. Big time nasty. I don't even know that I could describe the taste of it but its definitely a very uhhh.... strange taste. Anyway...he insisted, and both me and the guy selling them tried to talk him out of it, but he refused. So I bought them for him and we all watched (including the sales guy) as he popped one in his mouth. Being Tyler, the first words were "MMMMMMM these are good!" but that quickly changed to "EWWWWW mom I wante something else!" We all had a good laugh.
It was scottish night (which I LOVED) and the performance was great! I think the boys favorite part was the part about the Loch Ness Monster because they had one that they were walking around in (kinda like those Chinese Dragons) and dancing through the audience with, and at the end of the song, Nessy spit out a swimsuit. They thought that was the funniest thing ever. Ryders favorite part I think was dancing on the sidewalk with the girls from the performance. He was soo cute and everyone around us thought he was the funniest little kid. We ended the night with some yummy snowcones from Tiki Shak (my favorite snow cone place in town mmmmm) and lots of good memories we talked about.
We had such a great night. I'm kicking myself for not taking pictures at the show though so sorry there aren't visuals either. But we had a blast and the boys want to go back again real soon....and so do I.
On another note, things with work have been super great. As many know, I had been having some issues here with people and jobs I was given, but all that has been worked out. In my quarterly evaluation, there wasn't hardly a bad thing said, only thing really I needed to work on was reading our grants to familiarize myself and work on getting the workshops prepped and ready to roll. I was extremely happy with this and it makes me feel much better about my job. Also we have decided I'm going to start going down to St George and meeting with clients once a week. I went on Monday to have a meeting and see the office down there. Its at the 5 Co AOG building. The people there were super nice and I'm really going to look forward to spending time down there.
I feel like things are starting to really look up again and its been nice not to have to stress about the job because it was really starting to affect my home life and ability to be a good mother. So I am grateful always for that. I'm still trying to conquer the ditching of some chub. I haven't had the money to really go see anyone like I want or get started on a program. But my money should be equaling out this month so I'm hoping to get in soon and get this under control as well.
Well...thats it...I hope everyone has a great day!

1 comment: