Sunday, March 10, 2013

On a guided (inevitable) road

We had a wonderful lesson today on our Grand Destiny as humans. It was a beautiful lesson that I needed to hear and one quote specifically really hit home.

“As man now is, God once was: As God now is, man may be.”
~From the Life of Lorenzo Snow (click the link to go to the book)

I still have no idea why I am here or what purpose I am to serve while on this earth. I know that there was a beginning where I chose to come to this earth, and there will eventually be an end where I will move on to fulfill whatever else is meant for me after this life. But it's all this stuff in the middle that is uncharted territory.

I always wondered why I made the choices I made. Why I chose the harder path then most would choose. It definitely hasn't be an easy road. As much as I really hate to admit it, I've had some rough experiences. Some very hard to deal with experiences that will always be with me. I've come to understand why I was given these experiences and (some of) what I was supposed to learn from them, but that doesn't mean I'm "over" them or that I will ever get over them. But I know that I was meant to be given the challenges I've faced because I really needed to learn the lessons taught by enduring.

But beyond that, I've come to understand that even when I didn't feel it, my road has been guided. And the most difficult decisions have been the ones I needed to learn and grow. But I've also seen that the roads I've taken and the paths I've crossed have been inevitable. I was meant to do (most) of the things I've done. There was a reason that I felt a sense of peace in some of my most trying times.

So I am grateful for those guided trials I've been given. I am even more grateful for the inevitable paths I've crossed. I have gained some very precious friendships and opportunities that have been life changing for me. Beyond that, I have grown to know that I am a special person, someone who is destined for amazing things. And I'm not alone in this. Every person chose to come here and every person is destined for their own amazing things. Nothing can take that away from any of us even though it can be very easy to lose sight of the importance we hold in the grand scheme of things.

I know it was inevitable that our paths have crossed. I know we were meant to be apart of each others' lives and are here to help in times of need and celebrate in times of happiness. I know that I still have more paths to go down and if I listen carefully I will be able to take the road that will be best for me. Listen with your heart, and it will set you free.



No comments:

Post a Comment