Friday, November 23, 2012

And so it begins

Thanksgiving was good this year. The older boys went with their dad and I missed them like crazy of course. But it was offset by going to Venice to eat family dinner there. It was fantastic to see everyone and we had such a great time. We ate in this old schoolhouse over there that they have been cleaning up and it was a perfect setting. And of course, the food was all fabulous. I ate my far share. It was my only meal that day....I was absolutely stuffed. And I'm sure gained 20 lbs. But it was totally worth it.

But now Thanksgiving is over....Black Friday is over....and so it begins. Christmas Season. Well for me anyway...I know stores started like 3 months ago but I refuse until after Thanksgiving is over. Ryder and I moved furniture around and put up the tree today. We are going to be decorating it for family night on Monday after the boys come home. We also Redboxed us a Christmas movie and are currently watching it with hot chocolate.
Christmas is by far my favorite holiday. Not because of Santa and toys and such...or even the awesome moment of seeing my boys' faces on Christmas morning (although that is pretty awesome). It's because it feels like everyone's spirits change, even if it's just a little bit and for a short amount of time. People are more willing to serve it seems during the holidays. They are more caring and loving towards their neighbors. The whole season just seems a little more magical. Or something. I don't know what it is, but I love the feeling.
What else am I looking forward to? The Christmas music. We all know I LOVE music and Christmas music is my tops. There is some truly beautiful Christmas music out there and I fully intend on soaking it all in while I can. In fact I've already gotten my Spotify playlist for work updated with one of my favorite albums, Celtic Women Christmas.

Hope ya'll had a great Thanksgiving and have a great weekend!





No comments:

Post a Comment