Monday, November 12, 2012

Random Bits

I decided I need to quit wallowing in my head and start blogging again. It helps me sort through my thoughts. But nothing deep today, just fun random bits.

*We woke up on Thursday with the flu and by we I mean literally all four of us. Yeah that was a big funfest. Nate came in and laid down with me around 2:30 am because he wasn't feeling well. Around 4:30 am I woke up with the full blown run to the bathroom nastiness.

-Side note - Mine was worse than everyone elses which ended up being both a blessing and a curse....curse because I couldn't so much as sit up without pretty much puking my guts out but blessing because the boys weren't in as rough of shape and could fend for themselves a little bit.

By about 5:30 am Ryder was puking and by 7:00 am Tyler was up and puking. It was one of those moments when it would be nice to have a significant other around here to help care for the kids. They had an epic fail of a parent that day. Obviously I didn't go into work but tried my best to work from home. And as morbid as it was...it was kind of interesting to see the different stages play out between us all. I started feeling better in the afternoon as did Tyler. However Nate and Ryder only got worse before they got better. Thankfully, come Friday we were all feeling well enough to go about our normal routine.

*I had the most beautiful and awe inspiring experience on Friday driving home. It was really gloomy weather and as I was heading home there was one range of mountains that was soooo brightly lit up it looked like someone had stuck a ginormous spotlight in the valley and pointed it at only that one range. They stuck out like a sore thumb in the mix of the rest of the gloomy dark scenery. As I got closer to that spot, the sun poked out from under the clouds but it lit up the area as if that spot light was pointed at the back of my car pushing me home. The colors in the sunbeams were sooooo vivid and the mountains were amazingly beautiful. It was a true natural phenomenon...I've only seen the likes of it in photographs that have been filtered and photoshopped. Made me thankful for living in such a beautiful place.

*Saturday we got invited to go bowling with a friend and it turned out being real fun! The boys had a blast, stayed up too late and not to toot my own horn or anything but I kicked trash.

*Sunday the boys had their primary program. We had a ROUGH morning and ended up being about 20 minutes late for church. Grandpa and Grandma thankfully saved me a seat and the boys got there in time to participate in the program (thank you church organization for structuring the meeting to have announcements and sacrament services before programs). And they did soooo amazing! All three boys said their parts perfectly and sing the songs.I was one proud momma!

*Today I had the day off from work for Veterans Day which pretty much meant that I worked from home, but I didn't have to make the drive to St George! I got a whole lot of catching up done on some work related activities and got my laundry pretty much caught up. I also got to go with my sister in laws to lunch and had such a great time! I don't get to spend much time with them outside of family dinner and I really just enjoyed being able to do so. I have the best family ever.

And thats about it. I have pictures of most of these events listed, but they aren't transferred to my laptop. So....you should follow me on Instagram if you want to see the goods! I have no idea how to tag my name so you can follow but if you have Instagram look up kimmys012185. Thats me. :)


Speaking of Veterans Day....thank you to those who have served, still serve and will serve in our fine military. May we all pay respect today to those who give their lives to keep ours safe.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment