Monday, November 19, 2012

Thanksgiving - Give Thanks

via google images

It's that time of year again when we are all reminded to give thanks for the many blessings we have. Granted we should be thankful every single day for the blessings we have been given, but sometimes it's easy to forget. And quite frankly, I need to give a little thanks right now because it's coming to the point where I'm feeling a bit weighed down by things happening here in our little world. And in the spirit of the social media challenges for 30 days of Thanksgiving...I'm going to take that 30 days and smash it all into this little (okay more like novel) post. Here we go, in no particular order.

1. I am thankful for my boys. They cause me stress and grey hairs, but they make every day an adventure and I love being able to share in their lives.
2. I am thankful for my parents. They happily step in when I can't. The saying is true, raising children take a village and I've got the best village in the world.
3. I am thankful for my brothers. They have been great examples to my boys and have shown them unconditional love and play time like I can't give, just because I'm not a guy.
4. I am thankful for my sister. She is truly an old soul in every sense of the word (not agewise...I promise Steph!). So loving and compassionate, not to mention skilled and just all around amazing.
5. I am thankful for my brother-in-law. He has always been kind and caring. He is a great father and a good example to his children.
6. I am thankful for my sister-in-laws. They have both brought amazing qualities into the family and changed us all for the better. I love the days we get to spend time together and look forward to many more.
7. I am thankful for my job. I work at one of the best companies out there (and yes I'm probably biased but it's true). We look out for each other and help each other succeed.
8. I am thankful for my little team at work. My LO is always supportive of me and always wanting to ensure that my family is taken care of. We work well together and push each other to succeed.
9. I am thankful for money. This job has provided well for my family and is only going to get better as time goes on. I couldn't be more thankful, especially in times like these.
10. I am thankful for my knowledge of the gospel. Even though I feel like I'm still wading in unknown territory. I am truly thankful to know that there is a higher being who loves me and looks out for me, even in my moments of weakness.
11. I am thankful for music. Music has been a staple for me in my life. Music carries much emotion for me and brings out things I need to feel when it matters most.
12. I am thankful for the women at church. I have been so very blessed to come to know and love those women. They have such beautiful souls and truly care about the well-being of others.
13. I am thankful for my friend-guy. I haven't talked about him on here but he has been a big part of my life the past few months and deserves a little thanks. He buoys me up, gives me confidence, makes me feel cared about and safe. I enjoy our time together and hope he does too.
14. I am thankful for my house. We are one of the lucky even though it doesn't feel that way most days. But there are more and more people out there who are homeless and have life a whole lot worse than I do.
15. I am thankful for the ability to provide for my family. I've never been without a job which is a miracle in and of itself given the economy these days. And now I have the opportunity for financial freedom.
16. I am thankful for the beauty that surrounds me on a daily basis. I've always taken advantage of how amazing my surroundings are but I truly do live in an beautiful place.
17. I am thankful for modern technology. I have the freedom to work at home if needed, teach my boys new things that otherwise wouldn't be available to them, shop if I want to, and so much more.
18. I am thankful for my friends. I don't have a huge circle of friends, but the ones I do have are near and dear to my heart. I love that we can not talk for ages and just pick up like it was yesterday when we see each other again.
19. I am thankful for my little wreck of a car. As unhappy as I am with it, it gets me safely to and from work every day and carts my family around. I'd be lost without it.
20. I am thankful to the fine military forces. They keep me safe and keep bad guys at bay the best they can. I think we all have them to thank for our safety and freedom. They give all so we can live free.
21. I am thankful for my extended family. We aren't as close as I wish we were, but I always enjoy the time we spend together on holidays, at reunions, or at random when we have a chance to get together.
22. I am thankful for Netflix. As silly as it sounds, its a heck of a lot cheaper than cable and provides just as much entertainment on days that I need the boys to entertain themselves (epic parenting fail 101 I know).
23. I am thankful for my boys' teachers. Nate and Tyler attend a fantastic school where the teachers truly care about each student individually and want them to succeed in school.
24. I am thankful for daycare. Ryder has hands down the very best daycare out there. The teachers there are so kind and loving. They have practically raised Ry and it's no secret that they just absolutely adore him.
25. I am thankful for a working, functioning body. I hate it and wish it would there was a magic fat shrinker but I am more grateful to just simply have a body. Mine has treated me fairly well, even though I haven't returned the favor all that well.
26. I am thankful to live in America. Even though I do feel like we are swiftly on the downfall and will collapse in the near future, I still appreciate the many freedoms that come from living here.
27. I am thankful for my freedom of choice. It kind of goes along with the above, but also just the ability to make my own choices in general. Free will is a powerful tool. I have both used and abused it, but am thankful that I was even able to make that choice for myself.
28. I am thankful for my Grayson. Even though he's not here on earth, I know he's out there looking down on us and guiding us forward. I am thankful I went through everything I went through as it made me stronger as a person but softened my heart.
29. I am thankful for my Patriartical (sp?) Blessing. I came upon it again the other day and have been reading through it. I found great comfort in it's word and motivation to do better with my life so the promises mentioned have a chance to be given to me.
30. Finally.....I am thankful for my readers! You guys! I appreciate the advice given and the friends I've made in my little bloggy world. And I look forward to making more friends as time goes on!

Ok ya'll! What are you thankful for???

2 comments: