Monday, September 17, 2012

Happiness

The last few weeks I've been working with a client who is just straight up, down right unhappy. I understand her frustration to a point, but no matter what I've gone out of my way to do with this file it's never just quite good enough. And in the golden hour of signing today, she still wasn't happy even though she was saving oodles of money and getting oodles of money in return. It just wasn't good enough.

I kept wondering what I could do better. What could I have done differently to make the outcome different? What could have been done for that client to make her happy? And after thinking about it for a long, hard while....I realized that there was pretty much nothing we could've done differently. There was nothing in this world that would've made this person happy short of giving her the moon. And even then, there would've been something wrong with it and she would've been unhappy because that is just how this person is.

And then I realized, some people just are not happy people. No matter what you do, how much you go out of your way, how many times you jump over the moon for them it's just not going to be enough. And it makes me sad honestly. There are soo many happy things to focus on in life that it almost seems to be a shame to not be able to enjoy those happy moments. It also made me realize that I really need to remember to enjoy life and not stress the little things. Although I do have my moments, I think (and HOPE!) that I am generally a happy person and want to make sure it stays that way for as long as I can get away with it.

So from here one out, I am going to make a point to purposely shift my thinking and feelings to the positive as much as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment