Monday, December 17, 2012

Mormon Messages Monday (kinda)

Friday brought forth some seriously tragic news that absolutely no one ever could have ever imagined happening. A shooting in a Connecticut elementary school. 27 (I think? I've heard multiple numbers but I'm going with that one) people dead. 20 of those kids between the ages of 6 and 7 years old. It was a true tragedy in every sense of the word. I can't even imagine the pain that those families are going through. The families of the teachers and adults who were killed.....but more so the families of those sweet little children who are no longer with them. Those little ones had so much life ahead of them, so much left to do on this Earth and their time was cut short in a horrific killing spree. All I have been able to think about is how much their hearts are hurting right now.
And the kids who had to listen to and watch it all happen? Thank goodness their lives were spared but they will have a rough journey learning to cope with what they had to endure. My heart just hurts for them and the pain they must be going through trying to deal with the events of that day.
It was an eye opener for me too. We have rough mornings. There are mornings that the ride to school is filled with me being frustrated because kids were too pokey and now we are late for school....or cussing them to stop fighting or to share their cereal. How would I feel if one of those kids would've been my own and the last thing they heard their Momma say was "stop fighting with your brothers!" or "you better not leave your brother at school alone again!"?
Needless to say, even though we were running late this morning we had a nice ride to school. We were happy and there was no cussing involved. There were lots of kisses and I said I love you to them about a million times as they walked into the building, and that won't be changing any time soon that's for sure. I never want the last words I speak to my kids to be in anger or frustration, only in love.

So there are a whole lot of memorial videos, pictures, etc out there but I'm sharing the video that I have loved the most. Mostly because I love this song but also because I love that these people got together to show their love to those hurting families in their time of need. So...without further ado...Hallelujah.




No comments:

Post a Comment