Saturday, December 8, 2012

The Heart of Christmas

We watched a movie tonight as a family that was absolutely amazing. It was called The Heart of Christmas. It's about a family who finds out their young son has a pretty serious case of Leukemia and about their experiences in going through his treatments. It was a tear jerker indeed, don't watch it without tissues. But the part that struck a chord with me was when the mom was having a really hard time after her son got an infection that made her son really sick and as she watched him laying there, she told her friend (who's daughter had the same illness) "I don't think I can handle this. What do you do?" Her friend's response is what got me. She said:

"Well you don't have a choice, do you? Dax needs you to be strong....and I know you can do it."

I have been focused these last few weeks on the stress and chaos I'm going through. Wondering how I was going to get all of this taken care of, how I was going to make it when everything seems to be piling on me. When will I get through this. Will it get any better?

But her friend made point I needed to hear. Regardless of what I am going through financially, emotionally, physically, whatever....I don't have a choice. This is what is happening and if I'm not strong then this family will fall apart. I am all they have and they are all I have.

So whether I like it or not, it's time to buck up and be strong. Not only for my kids, but for myself as well.

1 comment: