Monday, December 3, 2012

Mormon Messages Monday

It's been awhile since I've done my Mormon Messages Monday. I don't know why I stopped doing it, probably a mix between busy, stress and laziness. But it's time to start it up again I think.
We talked about Christmas tonight and read the first part of The Gift of Love by Henry B Eyring (we are going to read a few sections every week this month until we finish). I feel it's important to remember why we as a family celebrate Christmas. It's not because of Santa and the presents, it's to celebrate the birth of our Jesus Christ. That's not to say that we can't enjoy the other stuff too, because the gifts we get do represent one piece of the events that occurred during Christ's birth (the wise men bringing gifts to honor the Lord). It's hard not to get caught up in the more commercial aspects of the season. I know I get blindsided by them often. But I'm really going to try to change that for myself and my boys as that shouldn't be our main focus.
To help emphasize this point, we watched Christmas Spirit. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.


No comments:

Post a Comment