Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Really Hard Days

Its been a minute...I'm sorry. The weekend was good, we just chilled out and I totally needed the relaxing. It snowed and I absolutely loved it. I've been ready for snow and for the winter season to start. On Sunday we had a good time at church and I ended up having to play the piano in Relief Society. One song I knew and the other I didn't, so I asked the director if she could play the last song and it ended up going well. This is leading somewhere I promise. That will come later.
Yesterday was an extremely hard day for me. I really wanted to just go home and throw in the towel. But ironically, in my probation class we had presenter come in from CAPS (Counseling and Psychological Services) to discuss the signs of stress and unbalance in our lives. It was rather ironic because everything he was discussing was relevant to my life. It made me realize that maybe I'm not as in balance as I thought....and alot of my disconnect could be tied to some stress/emotional/depression related issues. I'm planning on heading into their office this week to see if I can get this figured out. I keep trying to talk myself out of it by justifying why I don't need the help, but deep down I know I do. I think I'll be much happier when I can get in balance.
After all was said and done it was sure nice to be home. Grandma had taken the boys to get new shoes and haircuts. Tyler is soo funny, he is so very proud of his new boots. They are "grown up" boots he says so he feels much more grown up with them on. As I was making dinner I got a call from one of the Relief Society counselors (the girl who was directing music Sunday) and she was calling to see if I would sing for the Christmas Party coming up. She had been listening to me sing on Sunday and thought I had  pretty voice, and they were looking for someone to sing during a slideshow of Christ's life. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous, but I'm really happy to be able to serve. I think thats just what I needed.
We also had a good FHE last night. Ryder surprised me by answering questions with "we go into the water and we get baptized." It made my heart melt and just made me all around happy. Afterwards, we made some homemade moon pies. The kids enjoyed them and loved helping me make them.
Our moon pies
I'm really hoping that today and the rest of the week is better. Friday I will have a free day to get some things done and I am looking forward to it like crazy. I have my appointment for career counseling that day and also plan on sucking it up and going into CAPS. It will be a good day for me to get ahead on my homework too.
Heres to hoping that you all and myself have a fantastic rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment