Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thankful Heart



via google images
 I had 5 glorious days off from work and school that I used to their full potential. I started out the wonderful holiday being sick. I don't know if I got the flu or food poisoning, but it wasn't fun. However come Thursday I felt good enough to go to dinner so away we went. My brother had gotten a Smoked Turkey from Sonny Boys that is amazing. Seriously, I'm hooked on the stuff now. Too bad the place is soo pricey. We did NOT participate in the craziness of Black Friday though. Besides being broke, I also really don't like crowds enough to go camp out all night to throw elbows for stuff. Plus did you here about all of the the havoc that ensued around the country? I don't understand how people can get soo violent over material things. Is it really sooo important to you to have a new TV for $200 that you are willing to hurt your fellow man in order to get it? To me, it's not worth it. But to those who may read this that are die hard Black Friday shoppers....I have no intentions of offending and I think its great if you are able to get some things you would like at a deal. It is just not something I will be participating in anytime soon. Cyber Monday however? I love that idea. No crazy crowds and you still get good deals if you are needing to buy Christmas stuff. Anyway...on from Black Friday. The rest of the weekend went off without a hitch and we just pretty much spent the time hanging out as a family and bonding. It was soo very nice. Now the purpose of this whole post....as I was thinking about my life last night and the direction I want it to go in with this new year....I realized that I do a whole lot of complaining (and probably won't stop anytime soon hehe) and not enough being grateful. Sooooo its time again for grateful moments.

*I am grateful that I have my little apartment that I love. I feel more at home here than I have in a very long time. Granted, its on the brim of the Ghetto area and I really am not impressed with how they are managed now....and also think they need to get a new maintainance guy. However, for some reason I really do feel at home there and it helps me know I made a good decision in moving.

*A new ward that is fantastic. I had my doubts at first, but as I've tried to be more sociable and outgoing I have been rewarded. I feel a part of things there and also feel like it is where I need to be right now. Yet another proof to me that I made a good decision in moving.

*Coming to the realization that I need to live each day in the present. By doing this, I have been able to focus on my losing chub goal as I have been tracking daily on My Fitness Pal. Thus far, I have lost 19 lbs (about 10 of it was WW help...the other 9 was what I had gained back after quitting WW). The key for me is not focusing so much on "dieting" as just simply eating healthier and getting in my exercise. I have my goals set up on there to lose 1.5 lbs a week and it gives me the tools to do such. And best of all...it's EASY! I am blessed to have a phone app for MFP that helps immensely.

*Soo very grateful for my friend Erin who has decided to be my weight loss buddy. We check in with each other every Sunday and it definitely helps to have someone to be accountable to. And if anyone is looking to lose a little and want to report in on Sunday morning weigh ins...let me know! We check in via Facebook.

*I am grateful as well for the future. It looks soo very promising for me if I can keep my nose clean and stay on the slow and steady path. Truly...I think I have great things in store for my little family. I cannot wait for this new year to come....I'm ready for 2011 to be done.

As a side note....I hope the end of the world is not on December 21, 2011 or on January 1, 2012. I still have a ways to go before I'm ready to meet my maker. And there are a lot of things I would like to experience for that time comes. Which also makes me realize that this life is short and I need to live each day like it's my last. Which I'm sure I'll forget in an hour, however I'm going to try really hard to keep to that...and I encourage you all to do that too. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment