Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Goal Checking

As November comes to an end...its time to check in with myself and my goals for the end of this year. Here goes....

Health and Wellness Goals

Goal 1: Plan and execute menus every week: So far...I've not been doing great. I will plan them but then at the end of the night if it doesn't sound good....I make something else. At least I have the stuff on hand to make healthy alternates.
Goal 2: Track all food every day on my calorie count app: Success! Done and done...even on the horrid days where I went WAY over my cals.
Goal 3: Run 3 times a week and do weights the other 3 (1 rest day): Once again....slacking. I dunno why I can't get motivated. So I've made this a mini-week goal. So far I did some WiiFit stuff on Monday (I will count that as my weights day......) and yesterday I ran 2 miles (approx 40 min with warm up and cool down included)

School Goals
Goal 4: Read out of one of my textbooks every night (this has been especially hard with my accounting book): Yeah....next topic.
Goal 5: Study (having issues figuring out how I study best): Ummm doing slightly better but not much. Still needs improvement.
Goal 6: Attend class every day unless there is sickness or death in the family: I missed one class due to needing to turn in a paper for a different class....but otherwise I'd say success!
Family Goals
Goal 7: Do homework as a family every night: Meh. Moving on.
Goal 8: Eat dinner at the table as a family: This is a hit or miss, however we have been eating together every night. Just depends on if its at the table or on the couch...
Goal 9: Work on sticking to bedtime routine: We are doing better....its hit or miss but so far doing pretty good.
Religious Goals
Goal 10: Have FHE every Monday night: I am loving that we are now officially in the habit of doing this. Nate is still iffy on whether or not he likes to participate...but eventually he climbs on board and we all have a fun time. We've been making our own treats as well which is the favorite part of the whole night for them. Success!
Goal 11: Read the Book of Mormon every night (long term goal is to have it read before the end of the year): Again...just depends on the night. I would say our average is like 4 out of 7 nights.
Goal 12: Have family prayer every day: We do pretty good...some days we miss but mostly we can get this done.
Financial Goals
Goal 13: No using the overdraft account: Still doing better, but not quite good enough to call it a success.
Goal 14: Put money aside in savings: Haha thats a joke....although once my financial situation stabilizes I have a big plan. I'll share that when the time comes.
Goal 15: Get Christmas bought ahead of time while I still have money: Kids are done...check. Jack is done...check. Parents are done...check. Ok Alaska crew......I need a christmas list....
Time for some Happy Moments!
 
*People are finally starting to say I look like I'm trimming down again. Yay!
 
*Nate got his Wolf Scout last night....and also got 1 golden arrow and 6 silver arrow. I am soo very proud of him!
 
*Tonight is the Relief Society Christmas party. I am singing....pray for me not to mess up!
 
*There are only 2 weeks left of school then I'm on Christmas break with my kiddos. Soo very excited!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment