Friday, February 17, 2012

Happy Birthday!

Today is my Mom's birthday and we did what we could to make it special. SIL Betsy arranged a fantastic dinner that we all helped prepare and we had the whole family over for dinner and cake. Grandma shared some delicious goodies with us all and it was wonderful to be able to hang out with everyone. The night was truly enjoyable.

A friend had given mom a crown and wand so she could be queen for the day. I think it looks great :)

Adorable nephew who loved the idea of being King

Ry of course had to try it out

The fam eating a delish dinner of sloppy joes, mac & cheese, fruit salad, green salad and chips. Super yummy! Way over my cals for the day....but totally worth it!

In true grandma form (holding grandkids) watching the cake get lit

See that bit of a spark? Yeah....trick candles. They are awesome :)

Ry was being silly so SIL Betsy tried the idea of eating like a pig from The Christmas Story. And he totally dug it! I had to get a picture....it was pretty funny.

And now....to give thanks to my mom on this wonderful birthday....

Dear Mom. You have always been a wonderful mother to me. Even during the times when I know I drove you to your wits end, you stuck it through and was there to support me. You have shown me unconditional love throughout my entire life and I can't express how much it has blessed my life to know that I have a safe place to fall with you. You have held my hand in hard times and celebrated my successes. You have always supported me in my decisions and have gone above and beyond to help me be a better parent, sibling, daughter and friend.
You are a phenomenal Grandma to my boys. They look up to you and love you with all their hearts. I attribute their positive behaviors and smarts to you as well, from teaching them it's illegal to hit girls and you will kick their butts if they do....to teaching them the fun science experiments and all about centrifical force. I still get impressed looks from outsiders who overhear them use that term. They know without a doubt that they are loved by you and that's what matters the most.
People around you have also noticed your kind spirit. I can't tell you how many times I have heard someone say how amazing of a person you are. How kind and willing to help you have been, and how much of an impression you have made on their lives. You are a wonderful example of unselfishly giving of yourself to serve others. I am and always will be proud to be able to call myself your daughter.
I love you Mom and I hope you had a wonderful birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment