Saturday, February 18, 2012

Stuffed French Toast

I wanted to try something new for dinner and breakfast sounded really good....so as I was making my menu for the week, I found these delightful little things on Hungry Girl. They are Cannoli Stuffed French Toast Nuggets. They are super easy and fun to make, and I was able to use stuff I already had around the house, for the most part.

Ty and Ry helping dip the nuggets

The finished product
Instead of using the ricotta cheese that the recipe calls for I used cream cheese (ww reduced fat) and it tasted pretty dang close to the stuffed french toast I've eaten at restaurants. I thought they were absolutely delish. The boys....not so much. Nate was the only one who got to join the clean plate club tonight. I overestimated how many they would eat. so I have a ton left over. But thats okay...I figure thats breakfast for the next little bit for me woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment