Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Well hello there

I am finally back to blogging. What have I been up to you may ask? Well life has been a little trying. The wonderful job opportunity I wrote about awhile back ended up falling through. Stress has gotten a hold of me a little, but things are going better. I have personally seen the miracles of divine intervention the last couple weeks and truly am grateful that I have been able to be blessed.
So updates on whats going on....
-I recently watched the move Courageous and it inspired me quite a bit. For those that haven't seen it, a quick preview of the movie is that a group of friends who are also police officers take on a resolution. After losing a daughter, one of them decided he had wasted too much time not doing things that supported his kids and his family and he searched and prayed to try to find a way to be a better parent. Out of his search, he came up with this resolution. In essence, he decided to make his family a priority, to always choose the right and to make sure his family made the Lord a priority in their lives. He asked his friends to help him be accountable, but instead they all decided to sign the resolution. There were many obstacles that each faced, and when they made the right decisions they were doubly blessed. One line that has particularly stood out to me was "Now that you understand your responsibility, you will be doubly accountable for your choices made in this life." What I have taken away from this movie was that I am not being the best parent I can be. I hear a lot that I am "doing just fine" but I don't want to do just fine, I want to be the best I can be. So I have taken on the resolution myself. I am still a work in progress, but I want to know that when I stand before God, I can say with complete faith and honesty that I truly tried to be the best I could be. It takes work, very hard work, but it's worth it. And I hope to make my kids' lives better for it. So on with it.
-On to the kids. They have been doing fabulously. We have really tried to have more family focused evenings together and I have come to enjoy our time together. I have made the decision to strive for a more peaceful home (mostly by not yelling at them when they do things that aggravate me) and it has worked. They do more to help each other and we don't have near as many meltdowns. They are doing wonderfully in school, getting above average marks on their grades and are such smart kiddos. I love that they love school so much.
-With school, things are going well. I'm keeping my grades up and really enjoying what I am learning. There are many things that I have learned about myself and truly love all my classes, even math (of which I am above a 95% for the first time ever in a math class). I look forward to continuing my education.
-On the job front. This has been very stressful as things haven't worked out as I had wanted. I am currently working part time and it's proving to be kind of difficult. However....just when I was thinking that things were going to be rough, a miracle happened. A couple weeks ago I was asked how I felt about moving on to a different company. We had a meeting today about what that all entailed, and I truly feel blessed. The gentleman made my day in many ways. He first told me my reputation exceeds me which was truly a moment of pride and humility. I have really tried hard to serve people to the best of my ability, and I find it an honor to know that those in my industry feel that I have done a good job. As I told him my situation, he let me know they supported finishing my education (which has been an issue in finding other jobs) and wanted to help me be successful in that. He also told me that he is supportive of family, and is willing to offer flexible hours so that I am not taking away precious time from my family. And then he offered me my choice of jobs. Not just one job...my choice. I truly feel like I have been insanely blessed by all of this. It almost seems like it's too good to be true. I can't even explain how excited I am about this opportunity as I was really starting to feel hopeless and wasn't sure what I was going to do to support my kids. When things are a bit more finalized, I will go into it a bit more but this really feels like the right thing for me. I am still in a state of shock from it all, but I really do have a great feeling about this one and can't wait to begin my new journey.

Okay....that was a novel but I think that about covers it. I have missed writing and look forward to being able to do it more now that I have internet at home woohoo! :)

Happy Valentine's Day ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment