Friday, December 16, 2011

The Christmas Shoes




As we were shopping for some final presents for family last night, we decided to get a movie. I found The Christmas Shoes. I LOVE that movie. But I forgot how much it makes me cry. I was reminded that it's not good to miss the good things in life by focusing too much on making money. And to remember charity. Nate couldn't sleep, so I agreed to let him watch it with me and as he was bawling his eyes out when the mom was about to die, he told me "Mom I don't want to lose you, please don't die." That made me cry even more and made me realize how petty I am being about my health and wellness (and really...life in general). I'm being selfish when I do things that lessen my chance for watching my kids grow up. Its pretty pathetic.
So I love the movie, I will watch it many MANY more times this Christmas season I'm sure and will most likely make my boys watch it to remember that Christmas isn't all about presents and Santa. And if you haven't seen it, I highly suggest Redboxing/Netflixing/Whatever you do it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment