Friday, December 3, 2010

Small Blessings

I am going to be rather busy today so I am not going to write alot but I just wanted to express my gratitude for small blessings. Today...it goes to my daycare. They have been absolutely wonderful to my boys and to me just as they are. But they go above and beyond constantly. Yesterday, I got a statement from them because the state had not been paying for Nate to be there the small amount of time he is there. It wasn't much comparatively speaking...$167 for the month of November and December, but they also gave me all sorts of discounts and such which dropped it to that. It would've been much more. So today I was talking to Ms B and she said not to pay that right now because she wants to talk to the state and see whats up. She doesn't want to put me in a financial bind right before Christmas. This is a small blessing because even though that really isn't a whole lot compared to what I would be paying without state help, its quite a big chunk out of my take home pay. So there is blessing number 1.
Second blessing from them...she asked me if it would be okay for her to submit my name to her church for a Christmas basket. She said she didn't by any means want me to think she assumed I was too poor for Christmas or anything, but she knows I'm a single mom and am trying to make it on my own and really wanted to help. And since our daycare is in the church, the congretation really loves those little kids and really try to intertwine themselves when they can. I wanted to cry. This is such a blessing and will help out immensely considering we are tight on money right now.
I never really realize how much people care and how much people truly think about us and our situation. I feel very blessed and appreciative...and hope I can give back somehow as well.
On a different note, since today is Friday and I will be gone all next week I do not know if I will be posting. I may...but if not...I hope everyone has a great week next week and I'll talk to you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment