Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Braaaainnnn Dump

I got invited to join Pinterest yesterday. I learned about it at the family reunion and was kinda curious...but after looking on it for a minute I think it could end up being very addicting. Like very...VERY addicting. That's one site I just may have to be careful with. I've only been on it for like 5 minutes to look around and am still trying to get the concept, however I'm thinking I'll like it. I'm most looking forward to being able to pin the recipes I find online to one spot so I don't have to re-search for them every time I want to make that recipe. That alone is fantastic.

I am really working hard this week to track my eating. I need to get my butt moving on the exercise and eating healthy train...so that is my goal this week. Get my butt moving eat a bit healthier. Which will not work so well tonight, since I'm having an ice cream date with a friend. But maybe that will include a walk afterwards? We shall see how that goes....

I have two tests this week. I am not a good test taker. In fact, I'm a horrid test taker and it doesn't matter how well I know the information I freeze and it all goes poof out the window as soon as I get that test in front of me. So we shall see how it goes. I don't have much hope of doing well, especially since one of the tests is in the testing center at the university and that place just seems like a dungeon of unhappiness and doom.

I'm about fed up with trying to get certain little boys to do their homework. Luckily Nate joined the homework club at school, so his mostly gets done at school. Tyler, however, has issues with homework. I can see that we will have a constant battle every day of his school career with this. And if he is struggling with writing his letters 5 times, I can only imagine what its going to be like when he has to write a 10 page essay on something boring. Heaven help us all, I hope he gets in the habit soon. Else wise, I just might go crazy.

I am also trying to give myself positive affirmations every day. I'm hoping this will help my mood and my attitude towards myself. Its hard, and I don't know that I always believe my affirmations. However I know that I need to find a way to raise my self esteem and confidence so I know how to give my kids that same gift. Right now theirs is waning a little bit, and I don't know how to bolster them up. I'm hoping if I can be a guinea pig and practice what I preach, maybe they will catch on too. Any advice in this area would be much welcomed!







No comments:

Post a Comment