Monday, January 23, 2012

My birthday!


My fav pic of the boys and Jackers from Grandmas Friday pick-up....love :)
Saturday was a happy day....it was my birthday :) As I get older it starts to just seem like another day passing by but my family made sure to help me feel special. Friday night we went to Applebee's for an early birthday dinner. It was fun and I went way over my calories. We then Redboxed some movies for a movie night. Dolphin Tale was my favorite. The other two, Midnight in Paris and...I honestly can't remember the title but it had Anne Hathaway in it....were not as good. They were okay, but not ones I would ever watch again.
Saturday my boys surprised me with breakfast in bed (I may or may not have hinted at it the night before....). It was a very flat egg that Tyler had not put butter or salt on because I'm on a diet. At least I have conscientious kids! Then they sang Happy Birthday to me. We got the house clean in record time and got laundry done. It's really easy when you actually keep up on it. We were through by noon, so Grandma decided to take the boys shopping for presents for me.
I had an hour of bliss reading a book (Pumpkin Roll by Josi Kilpack) and when they came back they had soo many surprises for me! Nate had chosen out a beautiful gold locket necklace and even put it on me. Tyler chose a beautiful ring that, even though it's rather large, looks really pretty on. And Ryder picked out a cute stretchy bracelet that I've yet to wear because he commandeered it shortly after I opened it. They and my mom got me wonderful cards that made me laugh and tear up a little.
I decided on enchiladas for my yummy birthday dinner and they ended up a little crunchy but good. We were all planning on going to the basketball game but no one ended up wanting to go but Tyler, so I called Grandma and she came to get  him. Well when she pulled up, Nate and Ry decided they wanted to go to. I decided it would be nice to have some alone time, so I sent them along and it was the best birthday present I think I got all night. A couple of my good friends brought over some yummy cookies as well, so I had perfect munching treats while I read. I had soo many well wishes for my birthday and decided I have the best family and friends ever. Soo much love.

So goal time. This week I did pretty good, I exercised 5 out of the 7 days.

This week's goal is to finish my Book of Mormon reading for the week. Now that I'm getting into the chapters, it can be kind of monotonous but I'm still going to get it done. I'm not going to die out on reading like I have in the past. And of course keep up with my exercise.

Here's so a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment