Friday, January 20, 2012

You know its going to be a long night....

Village of the Damned scary kids

Last night was not a fantastic night. I think I must've not gotten enough sleep or something because I was awfully cranky and really just wanted to sit on the couch and lounge for the rest of the night. So my patience was wearing thin and the boys were just being themselves...and needless to say got in trouble a time or two. So my lazy butt was lounging and watching something (I can't even remember what we were watching on TV) when I realized I hadn't seen Ryder for a minute. That usually means he's going potty. But where it had been at least 10 or 15 minutes I really wasn't sure what was going on. I called for him and got no response, but (momma fail) gave it another 5 minutes before I actually went to see what was up. I looked in the Ryder. I looked in the Ryder (that I could see). I looked in my room and Ryder. I was kinda starting to worry a minute so I went throughout the house again and found him on his bed, whimpering a bit, hiding under a blanket...completely naked. This is generally happens (without the nakedness though) when he goes potty and didn't quite make it to the bathroom, but even then he will usually tell me. But...there were no poopy clothes, the bathroom was clean, the only trace was a little smear on his leg. So...I have no idea what all happened but he as soon as he saw me he started bawling and I couldn't get him to stop. I got him showered and in PJs and wrapped up in his soft blankey and it only took all of 5 minutes for him to go to sleep snuggling. So maybe it was sleepiness? I don't know.
So fast forward about 4 hours. I'm trying to finish up my homework in the living room and here he comes dragging his giant train blanket out. He kinda acted like a Zombie Ry since he wasn't really all that coherent but was still there walking around with his eyes open. He didn't want to snuggle so I laid him on the little couch. That lasted all of 5 minutes and he rolled himself off then sprawled on the floor at my feet. I asked if he wanted me to go tuck him in his bed but he was all "Arfghhhh noooooo mmfffghhh" So... I assumed that was a no and let him lay down there while I finished homework. He rolled around a bit but it seemed like he was sleeping so I just let him be. I needed to relax my brain a little for a bit after homework so I turned on some Family Guy and ended up dozing off. When I woke up about an hour later my dearest darling was wide awake and sitting up watching Family Guy. He resisted going to bed but got put there anyway and was all sorts of mad. He woke Ty up (which was good since he needed to make a potty run to avoid the wierd bedwetting that has started) and both had a hard time going back to sleep. It was probably 1:30 or 2:00 am before I finally got to bed. Needless to say, today I am SLEEPY. And will probably be cranky again. But its Friday! So I can have movie night and sleep in tomorrow woohoo!
And cross fingers my darlings don't provide another wierd wierd night like last night. I swear....they all do their things. I've carried full on conversations with Nate while he's been sleeping, I've witnessed Tyler sleepwalking as he tried to pee in our pantry one time, and now Ry is the zombie kid of the night. Oh I love my kids. They make me smile, even on my bad days.
Oh...I did a 20 minute blast of Zumba last night. That mixed with my 15 minute school walk counted as my 30 minutes a day. I'm proud of myself...I hope my hard work shows on the scale this weekend. Have a good one everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment