Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Goals Check!

HAPPY NEW YEAR! 2012 is officially here and that means the time has come to look into my goals and see if I accomplished them or not. Here goes.

Health and Wellness Goals

Goal 1: Plan and execute menus every week: Success!
Goal 2: Track all food every day on my calorie count app: Success!
Goal 3: Run 3 times a week and do weights the other 3 (1 rest day): Umm not so successful.
School Goals
Goal 4: Read out of one of my textbooks every night: not so successful.
Goal 5: Study: Ended up getting the hang of this at the end of the semester. Half success.
Goal 6: Attend class every day unless there is sickness or death in the family: Success!
Family Goals
Goal 7: Do homework as a family every night: Semi-success
Goal 8: Eat dinner at the table as a family: Semi-success
Goal 9: Work on sticking to bedtime routine: Semi-success. Just depends on the night.
Religious Goals
Goal 10: Have FHE every Monday night: Success!
Goal 11: Read the Book of Mormon every night: Not as good as I had hoped. Needs Improvement.
Goal 12: Have family prayer every day: Success!
Financial Goals
Goal 13: No using the overdraft account: Semi-success
Goal 14: Put money aside in savings: Fail. Big fail.
Goal 15: Get Christmas bought ahead of time while I still have money: Big success and I will definitely be doing it again next year, totally worth it!
I feel good about 2011 goals. There were ALOT to work on and I had mostly successes. The fails I can just keep working on. For 2012 I am going to have a new approach however. I am going to set quarterly goals (and not so many at a time) so that they are a little more obtainable. So here are my first 2012 quarterly goals.

Health and Wellness Goal: Lose 15 pounds by March 31
School Goal: Give 100% effort to assignments/tests and turn in ALL assignments required (most my classes are online and sometimes I slack on those)
Family Goal: Be consistent. I'm having an issue being consistent in how I'm parenting. So...be consistent.
Religious Goal: Keep up with the Book of Mormon reading schedule that was given to me on Sunday
Financial Goal: Secure a job! No really...keep my cushion of money saved away just in case none of these job offers come through. Its sooo tempting to spend it.
One of the girls at work found a superb idea on Pinterest for accomplishing health/wellness goals that we are going to do. For every workout, put a dollar in a jar. Once you reach $100, you are free to spend that money. I know my discipline is lacking, so I might have to store my jar at the parents house to keep me accountable, but I think its a great idea and will keep me motivated. Plus that gives me reward money to spend for accomplishing weight loss goals.

As a blanket goal...since this year is supposed to be the last of existence (thank you Mayans)....I plan on living every day as if it is the last day of my life. I need to appreciate every moment more instead of just letting precious time slide by. Regardless of if some weird apocolypse happens or whatever...this is something I've needed to do for a long time.

I send best wishes to everyone for a happy and successful 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment