Sunday, March 4, 2012

Cleaning and a birthday

This weekend was the same as normal, wake up-do laundry-clean house-go food shopping-play with toys and other stuff-and whatever else we do. And honestly, I kind of love our "boring" weekends. I've come a long way on my housekeeping in the last 10 years. As a background....I hate cleaning. I've always hated cleaning. My own stuff anyway. I don't mind cleaning at work, parents, friends house, where ever the situation prsents itself. Just not at my house. There were times that I'm embarassed to admit I would let my house get GROSS. Like no laundry done in a month (sad we had enough clothes to go that long...) and not picking up my bedroom/living room/kitchen/bathroom until I couldn't bear it any longer. It was not great.
And then something happened. I realized that my attitude is tenfold better with clean house. I'm happier... less ornery with the kids....not freaked out when the door is knocked unexpectedly.... that kind of thing. I'm not sure what made the switch in my brain but I'm grateful for it. Now I think I'm almost OCD about the clean house but I'd rather be that way then risk winding up on a show like Hoarders.
So that was a wierd tangent of the the post and now I can't remember what I was originally going to write about....but I digress. On to the birthday.
Technically this birthday isn't coming until tomorrow, but since I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to be doing tomorrow and I don't want to miss it.....


Happy birthday to my wonderful SIL Betsy!
I am sooo grateful that you chose to be in our family. It has been soo neat to be able to watch my brother grow in wonderful ways since meeting you. I sometimes feel like you are a big part of the glue of the family. We are generally all pretty indecisive and not all that great at planning/choosing things, but you have brought a wonderful dynamic that gets us moving on such fun adventures that I don't think we would've done otherwise. I really appreciate that I feel like I can talk to you about anything. You have helped me through some pretty big ruts and I've really appreciated knowing that I could talk to you and you would give me your honest opinion and feedback. My strength in the gospel has grown because of you. I look up to you in more ways than you know and hope that I can have the magnitude of spirit and testimony that you have someday. You have been a definite blessing in my life. I love you and hope that you have a wonderful birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment