Saturday, March 24, 2012

Stop chewing with your mouth open!

via google images

For the love of.........
Anyone who read my 50 knows that I have a major pet peeve about eating with your mouth open. My boys are THE number one offenders of that. Seriously. As we speak, they are eating chips while watching a movie and heaven forbid they eat one chip at a time quietly....oh no....they have to crunch and munch as loud as humanly possible. And when I say "Please close your mouths when you chew" it stops for a whole 2 seconds. The next chip is even louder and I say "Didn't I just tell you to chew with your mouth shut?" Yet this has no effect on my boys. Nope. When they wanna do something (like eat with their mouths open) they will do it whether I like it or not. So the next chip I'm pretty sure they are blantently chewing as loud as possible because I am starting to get really really annoyed. I escalate to "Seriously?! Really?! If you can't eat with your mouth open then go somewhere else or STOP EATING!" You think that the slightly raised voice and blood rushing to the head look would make them stop, but they just look at me like I'm crazy. Doesn't phase them a bit. And then its like they go to slow motion....
You can see them get the chip(s) from their bowl....
Open their mouth slightly while the hand slowly brings the wad of noisiness to the mouth.....
Mouth gets bigger while chip(s) get closer....
And then CRUNCH DROOL GRIND CRUNCH CRUNCH all in really loud, open mouth, slow motion annoyingness (is that even a word? It is now).
Needless to say, the chips have been taken away now and replaced with pudding or peeps or fruit snacks or crackers (wierd cause they would be loud, yet the boys eat them quiet)...and my boys once again affirm that I am a lunatic.
I really wonder why I have this pet peeve. Its not a pet peeve I love and it really does make my normally coolheaded self seriously go off the deep end.
And that, my friends, was the last 5 minutes of my life all condensed in a blogpost. And reading back on it I am a tad psycho about it aren't I? Maybe I need to stop buying loud food. Or just figure out some sort of a relaxing meditaton to not freak out quite so bad or something. I dunno. Anyway....happy weekend all...hope your having a lovely night!

No comments:

Post a Comment