Wednesday, July 13, 2011

5 Year Plan

I've been thinking about my life lately (obviously). One of my appointments with my bishop got me thinking too. He asked me where I wanted to be in 5 years. I knew he meant regarding the church and such, but it made me think about the rest of my life as well. I have decided on a 5 year plan. Here is where I want to be in 5 years.


Obviously, if anyone at all follows my post semi-regularly you will know that I am itchin to get hitched. But why some may ask? Not just because I want companionship, but because (even though I know better) marriage means a commitment to me. That the guy will love me and only me. That we will grow old together and have grandkids and such. And be HAPPY! And Ry will have a daddy, something he is lacking right now. And Nate/Tyler will have a good, positive father figure, something they are lacking. But thats only IF we do it the right way. And I want to do it the right way this time. Not because I was pregnant and "had" to. I think that was the reason my marriage failed, he wasn't ready and felt pressured to do it. I'm not making that same mistake twice. Anyway. Wedding bells are part of the 5 year plan.


Graduate! This better be more like a 2 year accomplishment in all reality, but who knows. Anyway...I'm starting at sophmore level so come on, 2 years. Lets kick this degree outta the water and git-r-done! (If I get the financial aid).....((Still waiting to hear on that....grrrr)).



A dream I've had since I was little is to own my own home. It sucks right now because this is the IDEAL time to buy. Rates are at all time lows, Home prices are at all time lows, its harder to get funding BUT the loan products aren't meant to completely kill you a year or two down the road. It truly is the best time to buy. However....my credit is shot. It soo badly irritates me when I teach First Time Homebuyer classes to people who make 1/10th of me (not that I'm super rich but for RD you can qualify for their loans with minimal income) and ask me questions such as "I need money for a lawnmower, fridge, appliances, maintenance issues, etc how am I supposed to pay for all of that? I have to borrow money from friends to buy my cigarettes. I can't afford that stuff." REALLY?! Please don't buy a house if you can't afford routine expenditures. Sigh. Someday I will have my home. Praying it happens within the 5 year plan timeline :)

No comments:

Post a Comment