Friday, July 8, 2011

Making Sacrifices

I've been thinking about sacrifices lately. I remember 2 years ago when I found out I was getting laid off from Convergys/Keybank. I was going to have to figure out some way to live off of roughly $800/mo if I didn't find a new job quick. So...I gave up my cable and internet. I gave up some nice electronics I was paying on. I limited my money down so that if needed, I could manage to actually survive on that $800/mo. Very VERY tightly, but it could've been done. Luckily, I got a good job and I've been a little bit spoiled since then. Granted, I found out that I didn't NEED cable or internet and I never did get those turned back on. However since then, I moved into a much nicer place that increased my rent, I bought a car, etc etc.
Now...I'm back to slimming down. I can't deduct a whole lot, but I'm having to make some sacrifices. I'm moving to a place that will save me $125/mo on rent. That will help substantially. I'm unfortunately going to be giving up Weight Watchers for awhile too, until I can get my budget a little more in line. that $50ish/mo adds up after awhile. And sadly every bit counts. I'm going to truly miss my weekly meetings. I really am. But I won't give up on my weight loss oh no. But I'm just going to have to go at it the cheap route until my money situation evens out.

But all this sacrifice means change is in the air and that is whats most important. Moving will be good for us because it will be like a fresh start in a new ward and new place. Going back to school is exciting for me. I find out next week if financial aid is willing to help me out or not and I'm crossing fingers they will. The meeting with my business advisor went well and my schedule is set for the next couple semesters to get the pre-business classes taken care of. I think it also shows my boys that even in tough circumstances if you really want something, you can achieve it. Always show by example I say.

So...times they are a changing. And I welcome that change. Even if I have to make sacrifices.

No comments:

Post a Comment