Tuesday, August 23, 2011

New recipes

Yesterday was an all around great day. Work went well, school went well, and our evening activities were a blast! On the docket for dinner was tortilla pizzas. We just got a tortilla and added pizza sauce, mozerella cheese and whatever toppings the boys wanted then threw them under the broiler until the cheese melted. It seriously was super delish. I folded mine and made a sort of pizza pocket type of deal but the boys ate theirs like actual pizza.
Mine had mozerella, feta cheese and sausage
After dinner and homework, the boys REALLY wanted to try out the new swim gear we got (yay for Wal-Mart clearance!) so we went down to the pool for awhile until it got chilly. They had a blast and Ry was soo excited his floaties allowed him to go anywhere in the pool instead of just staying on the stairs or holding my hands. The other two LOVED their new goggles/snorkling gear.
We headed back in and I decided to try the Mississippi Mug Pie that we were going to do on Saturday but I forgot about. It is absolutely perfect for those of you with little ones who love to help cook and SOOO quick and easy! The boys made theirs almost all the way by themselves and it was the perfect serving size. Seriously, if you love chocolate, go check out the recipe. And bonus...it was only 7 pts on WW. Well, mine was probably more cause I heaped on the whipped cream but still, not too shabby! In the future though, I am going to use shorter coffee mugs since it really didn't fill up like the picture showed it would. That or I just didn't do it right so the cake didn't set up haha! Either way, it was the perfect amount and very satisfying.

The pic at Hungrygirl.com looks alot more appetizing, but believe me it was to die for!
Tonight is going to be the Nacho-rific Stuffed Chicken. I'm kinda looking forward to it. I also get my new (to me) washer and dryer delivered today. Yay! I can do laundry again! And it was only $376 for both plus delivery and installation. Bonus!
Hope ya'll have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment