Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Bah! The Frustration! -then some positive

This is a venting post to say the least. Well the first part. So just beware of that now. But I'm going to try to make it short and (bitter)sweet.
- I am going to a training in Cheyenne, WY in April. Yay for that. The frustration? Delta does not fly to Cheyenne. The only company that I use is Delta, because its the only company that flies out of Cedar, and for the most part St George. So looking into tickets, I will either have to fly out of St George or Cedar, switch planes in Salt Lake, fly to Denver, then switch planes again (and flight companies) to get to Cheyenne. The trip? 9 hours long. It takes 8 hours to drive there. So I'm having to try to be creative, and its not working. Bah.
- My program is being audited and of the 14 case files they are requesting, a grand total of 1 is mine. There are 2 group files that are mine as well. So technically, 3 out of 14 cases are mine. My issue, I get the feeling they are just trying to find something to catch us on. They are requesting wierd files of programs that we no longer offer. The client list I sent over mysteriously got added to by the auditor to include these said wierd files. This should be an interesting audit. And very time consuming. And frustrating.

Ok happy stuff. So far this week, I have been doing good on making meals and exercising. Last night we had ham and cheese crepes that were super tasty. They were made with whole wheat flour, egg beaters, soy milk and a little cinnamon. Inside, ham and fat free shredded cheese. Delightful I tell you. Nate ate 5, Tyler ate 3, and Ryder had 1 1/2. And...they didn't even know they were eating them the healthy way.
Also, I have improved on my treadmill walking. Previously, I could finish a mile in 30 minutes (1 minute warm up and 2 minute cool down included). Last night, I finished 1.25 miles in 30 minutes (same warm up time).
And...
Have you ever heard of the shake weight? The commerical that shows the girls looking like they are having seizures while shaking a dumbbell? The one that claims that just shaking that thing for 6 minutes a day will get rid of relief society arms?



K let me just tell you....I couldn't last 2 minutes doing it. That thing is a workout! I dare you to try it. Borrow one, buy one, whatever it may be...holy cow! Try it...I dare ya!

2 comments:

  1. Hey there, thanks for sharing the pork recipe yesterday... it sounds yummy. But the picture looks like ribs, not chops?! I may have to try it one of these days!
    I have another pork one for ya... I'm not a big pork fan, but this is delicious!
    Thick cut pork chops
    bottle of sauerkraut
    1TBS fennel seeds
    2C chicken broth
    1C applesauce

    Add to crock pot, cook on low about 6-8 hours. The kraut sauce is really yummy over mashed potatoes (if you can have them).

    I had never had sauerkraut (sp?) before until this meal and wow... it's yummy! Let me know if you try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds good, I'll have to try it! I had already cut the pork chops then remembered I was going to take a picture...thats why it looks like ribs. But it was tasty!

    ReplyDelete