Tuesday, March 1, 2011

March 1

Its officially March 1. I cannot believe how quickly the time is speeding by. I've decided to set forth goals every month that I want to accomplish. So here is how it rolls.



Goal 1: Add $100 in savings by the end of the month
Goal 2: My short term goal for WW is to lose 14 lbs, so I'm trying to knock that out this month. I only got 8.6 more lbs to go!
Goal 3: Walk on the treadmill every night for at least 30 minutes
Goal 4: No eating out (for dinner) month! I want to be able to say I cooked a meal for dinner every night this month.

I think those are managable goals. They all kind of coincide with each other as well. Funny how that works....
So yesterday my cousin gave me a delicious meal idea for coke pork chops. And even better, the entire meal (meat, rice and veggies) was only 12 points. I could've even trimmed the points down more had I used whole grain rice and different veggies that didn't have point values. It was super tasty and the boys joined the clean plate club for the first time in a VERY long time. So here it is...

1 c ketchup
1 c bbq sauce
6 oz coke
4 pork chops
Throw em all in the crock pot and cook on high for 4-5 hrs or until tender. Prep time, 5 minutes.
I love rice so I paired mine with rice and veggies but I'm sure it would be good with whatever you eat chops with. I can bet money the sauce combo would be delightful on chicken as well, it is just a really rich and hearty sauce.

2 comments:

  1. sounds good, looks great! I will definitely try this! :)

    And good luck on your weight goal. I think that is a realistic one- about 2 lbs per week :) See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm secretly hoping to surpass that weight goal, since weight comes off a little faster for the first little bit. But I'll take what I can get for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete