Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Spend Less, WW, and other random stuff

I keep forgetting that I am going to tally my spending at the end of the week. So last week the only spending I did was $40ish on food and that was all. It was kinda nice. This week, I've paid a filing fee to my attorney ($310), bought diapers and misc household needs ($77), helped buy lunch and a gift for my bosses birthday ($21) and gas for the truck ($90 cough cough). So all in all, not too shabby, except for gas.
Since yesterday was payday, I pulled $40 in cash that I'm hoping to last me for two weeks, and it should since I don't have any major purchases and don't plan on going out to eat. That will allow me to set $200 in savings this paycheck.


I have a goal in mind as well. This summer, we want to go to Disneyland. And I think its an obtainable goal. The boys have never been on a real vacation before so I'm rather excited. Disneyland is a good motivator for both my WW and my spending goals. I just need to set an amount for both weight I want to lose and money I want to save.


And...it is so worth mentioning....last night for the first time in 8 years I attempted running on the treadmill. And it felt AMAZING! I did a 20 minute "power" session of warming up, then alternating every couple minutes between running and walking. Well, jogging and walking. I'm not quite up to full on run yet. I've heard that this way of exercising burns more calories because you are raising your heart rate then dropping it over and over, and "confusing" your body or whatever. Thats what a personal trainer once told me when I was a Golds Gym fanatic. But anyway, I was shocked that I was able to run on the treadmill. I am feeling empowered now. And I can't wait to do it again tonight!


On another note, the audit for my program was yesterday and all in all we did fantastic! I am soo excited that we didn't get any significant hits against us and everythat that was mentioned were things we are already doing now (they were auditing files that were before I started). This makes me feel good about what I'm doing and helps me know where I need to improve. It was fantastic.


On the final note, Congress is looking to pass budget cuts as everyone knows, and part of those budget cuts include housing counseling funding. Which is my job. Which means unless the state does another set of grants, there will be no more job for me. This is a little scary to me. I do have some other things in the works just in case my job here doesn't work out, but I'm not counting anything as secure until I know whats going on. Congress just extended their budgets for 3 more weeks, but hopefully then they will pass the budget proposal so I know whether or not to prepare to move on to another job. Lots of prayers are being said by me as of late, thats for sure. But I have faith that I will be taken care of. He has never let me down in the past and I know that He is watching over us now.

No comments:

Post a Comment