Thursday, October 21, 2010

Good Examples


Do NOT be like this guy....bad example...very bad! Blehhhhhhhhhhhh

So there is a person who I met a while back just in passing, a friend of friends (And no this is not some life altering moment of meeting the right dude or whatever). I don't know him to well but every time I have run into him he has been so polite. He also stands up for what he believes and he will kindly let people know when they are going to far with something. Like, for example, if someone is badmouthing someone else he will tell them to stop. He will freely give compliments and truly means them when he does. He truly cares about the well being of his family and friends. He is also an old fashioned gentleman. The kind that opens doors for girls and offers to pay for everything and such.
The reason I bring this person up is because it got me thinking about my own boys. I have really tried to instill the gentleman thing in them and they have good examples all around them constantly. But they also have bad examples around them alot and I just hope the good outweighs the bad. They are pretty polite I think...usually they use please and thank you and excuse me and they are usually fairly helpful. They have also recently been standing up for their beliefs. This horrid neighbor girl goes to the play park and swears up a storm, using words a sailor would blush hearing. For the last 3 days when she is out there, the boys tell her to stop saying those words and when she doesn't they come inside instead of playing. That makes me one proud momma right there.
So anyway, I just want to make a shout out to my friend and all those other gents out there who really strive to be respectful and gentlemanly. You are awesome examples to my kids and are truly gems in this rough and tumble world. Sweet people like that are few and far between unfortunately but I'm happy to know that there are still a couple good guys in the world today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment