Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Little Things

I've had the debate the last little bit about whether or not I should post churchy stuff, because although I assume that my reader pool only includes my family and friends...I think it has reached more people than that the last little bit. But you know what? I realized my religion is part of my life, and since it is starting to become a priority to me....I'm going to write about it. So on to it.

I'm noticing more and more that the little things in life are what count the most. Having FHE makes our nights go better. Listening to better music (right now I have Pandora set for Jars of Clay and all like music) makes my day go by faster and helps me be more efficient in my job. Saying my prayers nightly AND in the morning helps me have better days. Changing the music I listen to, the shows and movies I watch, the books I read, tweaking things slightly.... its all making a big difference. The decision to go gung ho at it and straighten out my life is working. I thought I'd be miserable....but I'm not.
It's funny to me how I'm working harder right now and am more aware of my decisions than I have been in a very long time, and the road is extremely bumpy and rough, yet I'm at peace and I'm happy. Yeah I have my moments of frustration, everyone does. But still. Just proves this was the right decision for me.

Now if I could just find me that man.....  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment