Monday, June 6, 2011

The weekend...in pictures

 This weekend started off a bit sad...since I gained 1.2 lbs at my weigh in. But I half expected it. I had a horrid week. But I have a new energy and motivation to do better, so I will be. After weigh in we went to Grandpa and Grandmas house where they were getting ready to plant a garden. After a trip to get plants and seeds....we got on it.

This is the finished product

Our local troops, the 222nd, has been called up for deployment so the town had a great sendoff for them on Saturday. Anyone who knows me will surely know I was there. :)  It was sad though, seeing the daddy's leaving their kiddos behind and such. A very sombering event, but also made me proud to know them and support them in their efforts.


The troops boarding the plane

 Me and Ry had a pretty quiet night and just hung out at home after that until we both dozed off for the night.
Sunday was a very relaxing day. Church was fantastic. Sunday School was about the signs of the times and that we shouldn't go all psychotic waiting, instead just be prepared and live the best life you can so that when it does happen, you are ready. Relief Society was taught by President McCallister, one of our stake leaders, and fantastic. He taught the 2nd chapter of the new church instruction manuel about the priesthood and the priesthood keys. It was very enlightening and really made me think.

Then came family dinner which was delicious. Mom made Turkey with potatoes, corn on the cob and fruit. It was refreshing. There was ice cream for dessert and I was soo about ready to have some until the fantastic Betsy reminded me that I was on a no sugar thing this month (Thank you!) and we both went without. Much appreciation for helping me stay on track! I'm happy you said something!
It was a beautiful evening so we went outside to chat and of course...the water came out. Here is the rest of the evening in pictures. 



The boys starting to get a little soggy by Uncle Tony



You would think "Awww what a nice brother for washing my car"...until....

You see the two little boys running from behind the front of the car. They were hiding.

When all was said and done...Uncle Tony was 3...boys were 0. They were absolutely soaked.
It was a fun night and a good way to kick off the summer with the family. I am so lucky to have my family so close by. I'm truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment