Friday, June 15, 2012

A little of a vent post

Ok not a little, this will all be a vent post. I love that I get feeling awesome about life and things look like they are really truly improving....and then BAM it hits and everything crashes. And I know its going to be okay, I know it will get better but in the interm I am not happy camper.
Today was hectic. We had a file that went south really fast and it was semi out of our control but at the same time I can't help but think what I could've done better to prevent it from happening. Learning curve I suppose, but I hate learning curves. I wish I could get everything perfect every single time. It has really worn down my confidence in my abilities in a major way. And it sucks because it effects others, not just me. So it was a very hectic, time consuming and uber stressful day.

But....the thing wearing on my mind most is what happened with my current job. We were supposed to have until the end of June until my time there was done. However....today I got an email from the district manager that in a nutshell said "Hey guess what, we said you were going to have until the end of June....but instead we've decided your last day is today. Good luck with that." (ok it wasn't that straight forward but it was a very long winded way of saying that)

This has pros and cons. The pros are that I can focus all of my time towards the new job which is great, I really need to focus so I can get all of the new processes down and become a rockstar. It will also be nice to get settled into the new job instead of trying to master two jobs in the same work period.
The cons, instead of having two checks from the old job to tide me over until my deals start closing with the new job, I have one. So that means after the 25th I will have no income coming in until my deals start going through with the new job, which could be as early as 20 days but more likely will be about 40 days from now. This is going to be a LONG 40 days. With many Many MANY prayers that everything will somehow stretch and that I will able to make one paycheck stretch as far as two or three should've. Which will be impossible. Which also means the move to St George will be delayed even longer until I can get some reserves settled to actually be able to move. Which will take even longer as I will eventually be commuting myself instead of sharing rides and that will get extremely expensive. I need a miracle. A giant huge ginormous miracle. Ugh.

This too shall pass. This too shall pass. This too shall pass. This too shall pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment