Sunday, June 10, 2012

Weight loss and a birthday

Today was not a great day...I woke up feeling like crap and I know exactly why....popcorn and donuts last night before bed. Typical movie night for us. Yet it's catching up to me. I look in the mirror and am not happy. But after watching Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition tonight, I realized that it is doable. The girl tonight lost 207 lbs in one year. The healthy way. I related to her in many ways. She described her old self as drowning, feeling hopeless. Avoiding the mirror because if she didn't look, then she couldn't see how ugly it was getting. And....I do that. I don't look at myself or pictures of myself because if I don't look it's not real right? And then I do see myself or pictures of myself and realize that I don't even remotely recognize the person looking back at me. How did this happen? So, it's time. So June's challenge is going to turn into a 3 month challenge. I am giving myself 12 weeks to see what I am made of. I don't have a whole lot of faith, but why not try? So bear with me. Its going to be rocky. But worth it. So there it is. Challenge starts tomorrow. Going to focus on eating healthy, exercising every day and getting proper sleep.
On to the birthday. I was a horrible sister and missed my brother's birthday on the 6th. So I'm making up for it now. To Tony...you have been a wonderful example to me of someone who through adversity keeps your head held high and tries to make things right. I've seen you make decisions that I never would've had the courage to make. There are many people that think very highly of you, and I am one of them. I see you struggle and I wish I could make everything all better because you deserve to be happy, but I know that you will be okay. You pull through with your head held higher. I'm sorry I missed your birthday, but I hope that you had a wonderful day and that this next year of your life will be wonderful! I love you and I am proud to be your sister. Happy belated birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment