Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Weekend

Our Memorial Weekend was not too shabby. Saturday we were hoping for a day at the beach, but it was soo windy that we decided just to play at home. The boys played with their friends from daycare all day and it was an all around good day. We also have taken on pet sitting. When my friend Evan died, he orphaned 3 cats. 2 have found homes but 1 has not...and the folks keeping the one needed a sitter. So we have Cleo for a little bit. She is a sweetheart and its helping Ry get rid of his scared feelings towards animals. The boys love her, but the downfall is that she is temporary so as soon as she goes I'm sure that I will get several requests for a pet. But for now...Cleo will do. Sunday we went to church and had a good dinner at home and Monday we were going to shoot for the lake. Before we went though, we had to get little chores done.

The boys thinking I was making them do slave labor. i.e. pulling the jungle that had grown into our patio.

After that, we made our way to the beach but it was FAR too windy and cold so we opted for the Aquatic Center instead. We were there for literally 3 1/2 hrs and looked like prunes but had a really good time. The boys were starving and I had luckily had some chicken crockpoting, so we were about to eat a quick sandwich when....my friend Darlene called and asked if we wanted to go there for a BBQ. Of course I said yes! Lots of good friends and kids for the boys to play with. 




Tyler and Ry made friends (and possibly girlfriend)

Nate and Ty trying to be pool sharks with Darlene's son



Ry getting in on the action with the help of our friend Duncan.

We had a great night and it was good to see those friends that I hadn't seen for months. This morning...we were all tired from lack of sleep. It was worth it though.


And due to it being Memorial Weekend, I would just like to express my thanks to those who have are still are fighting for our countries freedom, and those who have died because of that. Also to remember those I've lost that I've loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment