Thursday, April 5, 2012

Awesome RS Activity and Challenge day

I kinda did my hair again today...it is a ponytail but it's an interesting pony. I think it counts.
More braids yay! :) and a side pony.
Have I mentioned I'm not a fan of taking pictures of myself? I never realized I had a big nose until recently. No bueno.

Tonight I barely made it to our Relief Society activity. I say barely because we were eating dinner at 6:30 and I remembered it was tonight and started at 7:00. But I made it! And I'm happy I did.
We learned first about gardening. I really want to be able to have a green thumb. I tend to kill plants instead of grow them sadly. But this guy gave me hope.
The most important keys to gardening are Soil, soil, more soil and protection. Obviously soil is important. The guy telling us about it said that he uses 6 parts Juniper/Pine soil, 3 parts old horse manuere, peat moss and black compost. You mix them all up and till them into your normal dirt....and you will have success. He also taught us about when to plant, the grow season, everything. Even how to garden in the winter months.
Then a girl talked about making your own laundry soap. I always thought it would be too hard to do or something, so I never tried it. Well....I'm a believer now. Its not hard at all, it took her all of two minutes to make from start to finish. I'll post the recipe when I get it via email....it truly is easy. If I remember right the only things you need are borax, baking soda stuff, fals thepsa (dunno if thats how its spelled, but its soap stuff) and one other thing that I can't remember. There is no cooking involved for the dry powder either like I've seen in other recipes. You just dump the powdered ingredients in a garbage bag, grate the fals thepsa stuff with a cheese grater and add it in then mix it all together in the garbage bag. It makes enough to last about 3-4 months (well, it lasted the girl that long but it would probably last us closer to 6 months. We don't do as much laundry as her).
So...its worth a try. I'm going to try it out when we run out of detergent.

*as a side note, I initially wrote this post yesterday but fell asleep while writing. The finished product from last night (that I'm grateful I didn't post) was kinda humorous as it was all over the place and didn't make sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment