Monday, April 9, 2012

Mormon Messages Monday

I absolutely love Mormon Messages and as I said previously, I plan on posting one every Monday...thus the Mormon Messages Monday. These are not just for the LDS in the crowd however....I really find that they bring to light the importance of many every day things we miss as a society these days.

Today is The Civility Experiment.



I have been on both ends of the spectrum when it comes to judging others. In my younger years, I tried really hard to not judge people....unless they dressed funny or smelled funny or whatever. In other words, I judged them. Even now, I can stuggle at times and have to really think back to my own experiences.
Because of some of the choices I have made, I have been judged. I know the feeling of being looked at like your less of a person than everyone else. Like you are of the devil because of your choices. I also know how people's judgments of me have had an effect on those close to me and it makes me sad. If only people could look beyond someone else's circumstances and into their hearts...I think the world would be a much friendlier place.
Granted...I probably deserved much of the judgment. I mean really...I got pregnant while I was in high school. Made bad choices. There was a period of time that my parents were practically raising the boys because of my bad choices. And then I got prego again and look where we are now, Ry doesn't have a dad. Thats fun to try and explain when people ask...you should see the looks I get. I am so grateful that I have such a loving family to stick by me and wonderful friends who can see past my poor decisions....but it goes to show that good people make bad choices. And I truly do believe that most people are just like me, overall good people who have struggles and make bad decisions. Granted there are the Hitlers and Charles Mansons of the world, but you know what I mean. Anyway. This video is a great reminder as to why we need to look into a person's heart before passing judgments.

No comments:

Post a Comment