Sunday, April 1, 2012

Mormon Messages

General Conference today was great. I didn't get to listen to a whole lot of it thanks to noisy and bored children, but I look forward to reading them when they come to print. The part of it all that had the biggest impression were the programs that run between sessions. Specifically, the one about Mormon Messages. I also took away that we need to be bold. I don't shout from the rooftops that I'm LDS because I have several non-member friends and I don't want them to feel that I am trying to push the religion on them. And I have to admit, a little bit of me is worried that I will be judged. Then I realized today that I need to stop worrying about that. My true friends will be my friends regardless.
And so...with all of that in mind, I've decided to dedicate one day per week to the Mormon Messages. I have seen a couple in our lessons at church but never really sat down and watched them on my own. Its a shame, because they really bring forth amazing messages that are not only for mormons, but provide a good standard for anyone out there regardless of their beliefs or religion.

Today's is going to be Parenting: Touching The Hearts of Our Youth. Too many times I am in the room but not really. Life passes by as technology, homework, phone calls, or just pure tiredness/laziness takes me away from my kids, even though they are right in front of me. I wonder why they don't pay attention when I talk to them. Well, there is my answer. How can I expect them to pay attention to me when I'm not paying attention to them? What kind of example am I leading if I'm passing my time on the computer or phone? Not a good one, I can tell you that. So I hope you get as much out of this message as I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment